Wheaton 356884 Glass 1000mL Celstir Spinner Flask, with 45mm Screw Caps, 130mm x 250mm
Use the Wheaton Celstirs for microcarrier and suspension cultures such as insect cells, hybridomas, and adapted cell lines The Celstir Spinner Flask features an adjustable paddle blade impeller for better mixing. The addition of the bottom dimple to flasks 125mL and larger improves circulation and reduces the accumulation of cells in the center of the flask. Celstirs provide maximum surface interface between culture and flask atmosphere. Sidearms on Celstir vessels 500mL and larger were widened to accommodate monitoring and control devices or media inlet/outlet lines. Celstirs are made from Wheaton 33 low extractable borosilicate glass that conforms to ASTM Type I, Class A and USP Type I requirements. The entire unit may be autoclaved at 121°C for 20 minutes. Units 500mL and larger can also be used with the Wheaton Vented Cap (Number W240751) which enables the flask to “breath” while protecting from contamination. Graduations: Sizes 125 to 1000 mL are graduated in 50 mL increments; sizes 3000 to 8000 mL are graduated in 500mL increments; sizes 25mL and 50mL are non-graduated.
- For microcarrier and suspension cultures such as insect cells, hybridomas, and adapted cell lines
- Made from low extractable borosilicate glass that conforms to ASTM Type I, Class A and USP Type I requirements
- Adjustable paddle blade impeller provides better mixing
- Impeller rod does not extend through top cap which prevents accidentally knocking unit over
- Entire unit may be autoclaved which makes cleaning easy